Freeski & Snowboard - Progression
Freeski & Snowboard Progression
The Progression Team is designed for snowboarders and freeskiers who are looking for advanced training in a recreational and fun environment. Progression Team athletes must exhibit a medium to high level of dedication to their personal riding and are expected to compete in local competition. Training will build from the fundamentals into more advanced all-mountain freeriding, and terrain park skills.
USASA and IFSA certified Freeride Program coaches will mentor and coach Progression Team athletes during weekend training and local competitions. The Progression Team has a multi-tiered focus: Athletes will be refining on fundamentals in order to ski and snowboard the entire mountain, safely hit natural jumps, small cliff drops, and man-made features in varied conditions. Technical proficiencies and skill assessments will be a regular component of the training. Additionally, we do mid and end of season athlete evaluations based of the USSA's Developmental Matrix.
Skill Development Focus
- Strengthen fundamentals of proper body movement, balance & edge control
- Terrain Park SMART Style
- Intro to Large size terrain park/natural features
- Proficiency in jumps, switch riding, rails/boxes & grabs
- Proficiency skiing/riding Expert Terrain in all conditions
- More advanced rotations ( Switch 360s, 540s, etc.)
- Interpersonal communication and goal setting
- Intro to competition with local USASA and/or IFSA events