Freeski & Snowboard - Progression
Freeski & Snowboard Progression
The Progression Team is designed for snowboarders and freeskiers who are looking for advanced training in a recreational and fun environment. Progression Team athletes must exhibit a medium to high level of dedication to their personal riding. Training will focus on the fundamentals in all-mountain freeride, halfpipe and slopestyle skills.
USASA and IFSA certified Freeride Program coaches will mentor and coach Progression Team athletes during weekend training and local competitions. The Progression Team has a multi-tiered focus: Athletes will be refining on fundamentals in order to ski and snowboard the entire mountain, safely hit natural jumps, small cliff drops, and man-made features in varied conditions. Technical proficiencies and skill assessments will be a regular component of the training. Additionally, we do mid and end of season athlete evaluations based of the USSA's Developmental Matrix.
Skill Development Focus
- Strengthen fundamental skiing/riding skills on groomed & in varied terrain
- Competency in all-mountain terrain and conditions
- Introduction to the elements of competition with the USASA and the IFSA
- Terrain Park etiquette & SMART Style
- Air Awareness & Trick development
- Rail/box slide basics