The 10th Annual PICA’S MARGARITA CUP
The "Marg Cup" is a fun and social, locals' race league with a competitive spirit. Skiers and snowboarders of all abilities are welcome to race for the Cup. The scoring has been designed to give even novice racers the ability to earn a high score and help their team win. Racers enjoy professional race courses, weekly raffles, Pica's margaritas & tacos, and just the right amount of friendly trash talking.
The six-person teams can register as a self-sponsored team or as a business-sponsored team. THE BUSINESS CLASS provides a friendly arena for local businesses to compete against one another while supporting a great organization: 100% of the entry fees will go to the JHSC.
THE BUSINESS CLASS entry fee is $700. That small investment in the JHSC gets your business sponsored team entry into the 5-race series.
The winning BUSINESS CLASS team will be featured prominently on a plaque in Pica’s Taqueria, which will also house the winning team members’ margarita cups for one year. The winning members’ esteemed margarita cups are 30% larger and members will receive 4 free margaritas in their new cups. (Do the math to figure out how many 30% larger margaritas you need to consume to break even on your $700 entry fee.)
THE SELF SPONSORED CLASS entry is $500, which amounts to $100 per race, and as low as $16.67 per person, per race. Late registration fees increase 10% after 1/10, and 15% dy-of on 1/14.
If the self sponsored team wins OVERALL, they will not be eligible for the margaritas from Pica's, but they will win a $1,500 credit to Stio (which amounts to $250 per person for a six person team!)
Racer tickets $30 with Marg Cup bib sticker
- January 14 - Dual GS
- January 28 - Giant Slalom
- February 11 - Super G -POSTPONED TO 3/18
- February 25 - Giant Slalom -CANCELLED
- March 4 - Dual GS
DUNK TANK CHALLENGE:
You may have noticed a big, colorful contraption at last night's Marg Cup - it's our indoor dunk tank. It works just like a regular dunk tank, except the water is dropped onto the person. We're including it at the Marg Cup to add a little fun, consequence, and prizes to any side bets. Here's how it works:
- Two racers make a side bet to see who of the two will have the fastest time of the evening.
- Racers can be on the same, or different teams.
- After each racer's runs, the person with the fastest time has the honor of being the "thrower."
- The person with the slower time gets in the splash chamber.
- Thrower gets 4 balls, must throw from behind the line.
- Person in the splash chamber can wear their Gore Tex... or not.
- Balls get thrown after 6:30 and before the evening's final raffle.
- Maximum of 6 side bets per race.
- Sign up on the sheet next to the dunk tank before taking your runs.
- Each person who signs up for the challenge (and stays 'till the bet is settled) will receive 10 extra raffle tickets AND a Melvin beer!
- Raffle tickets will be included in each race's raffle for remainder of the season, including final raffle for Blizzard Skis & Tecnica Boots on Mar 4 (must be present to win).
- Each person must agree to the bet.
- If you write in someone's name and they haven't agreed to the bet, your name gets taken out of that night's raffle.