Things have slowed a bit after a great season of training, travel, and local events. We are looking forward to a busy summer though. For the first time in the Program's history we are sending a group to both the Beartooth Pass for the first IFSA Event of the 19/20 season AND to Mt Hood for a week of training at the Windell's / High Cascade facility!! These are great trips that will help our athletes get that much needed time on snow to stay consistent with the recommended training hours in the US Ski & Snowboard Training Matrix.
Three of the four camps are sold out, with waiting room only. We added Skateboard Camp 2.5 when the other three sold out to accommodate anyone who was on the waiting list. There is still room in this camp and we encourage you to spread the word and get signed up soon, because it too will likely sell out. Visit the link here to learn more and get registered.
Utah Olympic Park Camps
As of now we are going to wait until the first UOP camp fills up before offering additional dates. If you are unfamiliar with this camp, it is a trip down to Park City to train on the same airbag, trampolines, and water ramps that the US Ski & Snowboard Team use all summer long. These facilities are an incredible asset to our athletes wishing to learn new tricks and improve their overall aerial awareness. Training at the Utah Olympic Park is the safest way to progress one's skills and will give athletes a boost of confidence going into next winter season. There are still spots available in the UOP camp, visit the link here to learn more and get registered!
Thoughts for 19/20
We are plotting some tweaks and improvements for the season ahead and wanted to keep everyone up to speed on what's been brewing. Here are a few ideas that we are playing with. Please feel free to email Rob LaPier if you have any input about our planning.
- 2020 IFSA Regional at Snow King
- We would like to host another regional event at Snow King to offer more opportunities to our local athletes to compete close to home without the cost of travel.
- The venues will be determined in the weeks ahead
- Still working on the one day versus two day format, but leaning toward two day as it encourages strategy and good decision making.
- This event may be marketed to the Under 12 & 12-14 age group, but no final decisions have been made yet
- Looking at President's weekend as a potential
- Progression Plus at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Only
- After the success of this year's schedule we would like to continue with the Progression Plus Team training on Wednesday's at JHMR from 1- 4:30 pm.
- We will organize a shuttle from the middle & high schools to bring athletes to practice.
- This schedule would remain throughout the entire season and replace the Snow King training.
- Alternative training plans would be accessible for the Wednesday Night Lights Rail Jam Series in February.
Again, we appreciate any feedback that you have and look forward to connecting with many of you in the near future.
Enjoy the sunshine and long days!