The sun is finally shining, the flowers are in bloom, and the JHSC Freeride Program has been hard at work training on snow! Last week, the Freeride Program took 23 hard-working athletes to Woodward at Copper Mountain, Colorado, to skateboard and train on snow, on trampolines, and in foam pits. Our athletes are progressing in terrain park disciplines, getting ready for the 2023 winter competition season.
- Ellis Swain and Winston Ochs attempted their first "double flips" on snow!
- Dean Hilke and Ashe Bessette got flatspin 360s.
- Bryer Strand and Brendan Roberts got their first back flip on snow!
- Winston Ochs got his cork 720s.
- Ivy Lu Swain stepped up to the big jump line.
- We welcomed three new athletes into the Freeride Program from our Alpine Team.
- Friendships were made.
Moving forward, our team will continue their cross training in Freeride's many skateboard camps this summer. Additionally, we are just one month away from registration opening for the 2023 winter season: please see our program descriptions here to learn more about our different teams and competition opportunities. If you have any questions about the JHSC Freeride Program, our programming, events, or travel opportunities, please touch base with Program Director, Andy Lex, to learn more about how to get involved.