Happy December Freeride Community,
What a ride the past 30 days has been! We went from playing soccer and participating in dryland training, to hiking rails at Snow King after that amazing first snow storm. Those on-snow days at Snow King were so much fun! Our head coaches witnessed paradigm shifts for many of our athletes. Way to make the most out of a few inches Team! Also, the Freeride Program’s Progression, Progression Plus, and Competition Team athletes had their first weekend of training at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort. Our coaches witnessed such acts of teamwork with veteran athletes welcoming newer athletes, we all couldn’t have been prouder of our Freeride Community.
- Shredder Team athletes first day of training is Saturday December 5th. Please meet your coaches behind the Mangy Moose in the courtyard between Hotel Terra (8:30am sharp).
- Progression Plus and Competition Team weekday training kicks off the first week of December.
- Holiday Camp: December 22 & 23rdfor all Freeride Program Teams. Time: 8:30-12:30. Meet in the same spot behind the Mangy Moose.
- Avalanche Awareness Day: Tentatively scheduled for December 29thfor Progression, Progression Plus, and Competition Teams at Snow King Mountain. Stay tuned via email for updates.
- No Team room or lunch break (yes this is a bummer). We have eliminated non on-snow time from our practice schedule in hopes to keep our community healthy during the pandemic. Please come fueled up and hydrated and put some healthy snacks in the pocket (we train for 4-straight hours). All training sessions are highly focused.
- Double buff is mandatory. Per Jackson Hole Mountain Resort’s policy, every snow-rider must have a face and nose covering. I’ve found success wearing my light weight facemask (the blue ones found everywhere) under my buff. Yes – that’s three layers of protection. No fogging and it felt pretty good!
- Holiday Break: We love our coaches and we feel one way to show it is by giving them time off to spend with their loved ones. No training at JHMR from Dec 26 - Jan 2nd. Have fun skiing and riding with your family!
Please read this month's Student-Athlete Support Program update. This information is relevant to all JHSC athletes: Click Here!
Thank you all for your support and understanding as we try to navigate this training season as safely as possible. I know this year doesn’t look like last season, but I’m confident we can have a safe, fun, and productive training season.
Andy Lex & the Freeride Coaches