Strength & Conditioning: Going Strong!
With the temps dropping and fresh snow on the hills, all of us are getting stoked to strap in and shred! But that doesn't mean our Fall Strength and Conditioning program is slowing down! Capture the flag, circuit courses, hikes, dodgeball, relay races, and LOTS of burpees are just a few of the activities and workouts we have been enjoying at dryland.
Athletes are encouraged to take the Activities Bus to Snow King after school. Our activities start at 4:30 and go until 6 pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays. Please come prepared for outdoor activity. In the event of inclement weather, we will exercise indoors, but the majority of our time will likely be spent outdoors.
What to bring:
- Warm clothes for outdoor play (it is COLD out, so plan accordingly)
- Appropriate footwear for indoor and outdoor activities
- Water bottle or water
- Your BEST attitude, ready to play and get stronger!
- Tuesday 4:30 - 6:00 pm Warm up & workout
- Wednesday 4:30 - 6:00 pm Warm up & Outdoor games (soccer, speedball, ultimate frisbee)
- Thursday 4:30 - 6:30 pm Warm up & workout
Axis Gymnastics: Flipping out!
It has been great to see athletes showing up to gymnastics on Mondays and Fridays ready to practice their air awareness and SEND IT into the foam pit! Flips, double flips, lincolns, gainers, and rodeos can be seen on display daily by the athletes and coaches! This is a great way to practice tricks and have them ready to land on snow safely and efficiently.
For Progression athletes and older, Monday and Friday 6:00PM to 7:00PM. $20 per athlete at the front desk of Axis Gymnastics.
- Progression, Progression Plus & Competition Team Athletes (Shredder snowboard included as well).
- Mandatory before athlete can train ons snow.
- Will talk about equipment, competition and training, goals, and anything that comes up.
- Email Rob or Tristan to schedule ASAP.
Freeride Program Sponsors Wanted!
If you, your company, or someone you know would have interest in sponsoring the freeride program let us know! Sponsors help us do what we do best; help kids progress and love their skiing and riding.
Sponsors can help with the following products and more!
- Coaches Coats
- General Program Support
Reach out to Rob if you think you can help!
USASA Membership Reminder!
Make sure your athlete is up to date on their USASA membership for the upcoming season! Important so athlete can register for events before deadlines
IFSA Membership Reminder:
Make sure your athlete is up to date on their IFSA membership for the upcoming season! Important so athlete can register for events before deadlines!
- IFSA is REQUIRING mandatory back protection this season for ALL competitors.
- Limited quantities available at custom discount at Snow King Sports.
- Get fitted and purchased PRIOR to the season! Don't miss out!
- 2019 Freeride hoodies are ordered!
- Big thank you to Freeride Program Captain: Erica Bowditch for the RAD artwork!
- Order yours here! : https://jhskiclub.org/freeride-team-hoody