Check out some videos from the Canmore World Cups
And here is some video from Kuusamo...
Jackson Nordic Skiers
Thanks for coming out to the Betty Woolsey Race! We had another fabulous turnout (58 racers) for a great day of skiing. The tracks were hard and fast for all of the racers. A big THANK YOU to our groomer Steve Swan for providing us with great tracks for the race!
Betty Woolsey was a member of the first US Women's Olympic Team, and was the top US finisher in Slalom at the 1936 Olympic Games. She settled at Trail Creek Ranch in 1942 where she continued to follow her passion for adventure and love of the mountains. Operating the Ranch as a Dude Ranch and Nordic Ski Center, Betty transformed Trail Creek Ranch into the 270 acres that it is today. She opened up the Ranch to the future Olympians of the Jackson Hole Ski Club and we are so grateful that Betty wanted to share this amazing land with the youth of Jackson. She was inducted into the National Ski Hall of Fame in 1969. A big THANK YOU to Betty for her footsteps and foresight!
Thanks for joining us for the Betty Woolsey! Happy New Year
Click HERE for the results from today's race.
The NEW CABIN!
If you would like to contribute to this project. Please check out our list of needs HERE.
Uniform Time! November 12th
If you want to order your Nordie a snazzy new race suit, warm up jacket and pants or sweatshirt. Click HERE for the info sheet. Order deadline is November 12th.
Custom Coffee Fundraiser! November 15th
We will be doing the Custom Coffee Fundraiser
Trail Creek Clean UP Day
A great big THANK YOU to everyone that came out yesterday to help at Trail Creek Clean Up. I know that many of you had a lot of mud and muck to deal with on your clothes by the end of the day, but we were able to get a lot done, so thanks for making it out.
Masters Team Head Coach
For more information about the Masters Head Coach position, click here. Email your cover letter, resume and references to Ali Sehnert at ali@jhskicluborg.
2012 West Yellowstone - Junior National Qualifier #1
Great job at the first JNQ of the year! Click here for all of the results.
2011 Betty Woolsey Classic Race Results
Thanks for coming out to the Betty Woolsey Race this morning. We had a record number of race participants (84!) this year. Woohoo! The weather cooperated well and gave us a fresh dose of snow this morning and brought the temperature down below freezing again. A big THANK YOU to our groomer Steve for taking care of all of the downed trees and providing us with great tracks for the race! Click HEREfor the race results.
2011 NORDIC SURVEY RESULTS - Program Updates & Changes
First of all, thank you all for your patience in awaiting the results from the Survey. I am sure that you have all been anxiously awaiting this news!
• 39 respondents, representing all six Nordic categories (Teewinot, Development, Junior Nordic, Intermountain, High School and Trail Creek Pass Holder).
• Nearly all of the participants were pleased with the Nordic Program, will continue in the program and would recommend the program to a friend.
• The results indicated that we should keep our Equipment Lease Program and our Junior Nordic Shuttle.
Based on survey results we have implemented the following changes for the upcoming season:
• Created the Lollipopper Program (one day/week for 6-7 year olds)
• Created a dryland and an on-snow Masters Program
• Although the survey results indicated that parents felt that we did an excellent job communicating, we feel that we can do even better with this. We will be sending emails every two weeks that describe what the kids are learning while they are at training. Little Johnny doesn't want to know that the one ski sno-ccer game helps him develop his "kick" for Classic skiing, but Johnny's parents do want to know.
• We will also have some guest coaches throughout your athlete's Nordic season, providing another insight into technique, training, racing, waxing, etc.
We are still hoping to include a little more racing for all of the Nordic Teams this year, and we are planning to keep these few races happening at the athletes' regularly scheduled training times so as not to disturb your routines. The goal is to provide a "stress free" introduction to racing. Simply put the bib over your head and go!
Thanks to everyone that completed the survey this summer. This was a valuable exercise for the Club to improve the Nordic Program and I hope to do it again next spring.
USSA Cross Country Training System
Often times we receive questions about why we have set up our teams and program offerings like we do. The Jackson Hole Ski Club Nordic Program Staff takes time and energy to develop the plan for our Nordic Program. One of the major factors that has helped shape the program is the US Ski & Snowboard Association's Cross Country Training System. For more information about the System, please check out the following.
The Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club is an Authorized Permittee of the Bridger-Teton National Forest and an Equal Opportunity Provider.