A Lollipopper Tribal Elder, Rody grew up in the Nordic community in Jackson: a third-generation native, he is an alum of the JHSC Nordic Program (1971-78). Rody was a member of the US Biathlon Junior Team from 1978-82. He and his wife, Audrey, raised their family in the valley, and all three kids were involved with JHSC. His youngest son, Grant, is a 2022 alum of the Alpine FIS program.
- PSIA-certified XC/Telemark instructor at one point
- Raced with the world's best juniors in several Biathlon World Cup Series races
- Raced in one World Championship
- Alternate athlete for 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, NY. Forerunner for all Nordic events there.
- Ski mountaineered throughout the intermountain west to the huts of Norway and the Alps of central Europe, into western Canada and Alaska. Rody has covered hundreds of miles on skis in the backcountry - never got certified for it, but loved every minute!
Always continuing . . .
Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Profile photo credit: Jonathan Selkowitz, at the 2019 Moose Chase Nordic Ski Race