Parent Education Series
All events in this series will be hosted from 6 - 7:30 p.m. at the Snow King Sports & Events Center in the Lodge Room.
They are open to all community members and will benefit parents with athletes participating in any sport.
February 18: “Preparing for College: Application Process and Standardized Tests” presented by David Heinemann / Jackson Hole Community School and Michelle Sirois / Expert Standardized Test Tutor
February 25: “College and Career Pathways” presented by a panel of JHSC Coaches and Staff
- Different types of careers in skiing and snowboarding
- How to contact coaches and various types of college experiences
- Overcoming challenges
- Advice to up-and-coming athletes:
- “Keep it fun.” Brittney Ziebell (Alpine)
- “There is always someone working harder.” Jesse Knori (Nordic)
- “Doesn’t Matter where you finish; it matters who you are at the finish line.” Brenna Huckaby (Freeride)
March 3: “Empowering Youth to Make Better Decisions about Substance Use” presented by Heather Franklin / Curran Seeley Foundation
November 4: "Building Champions in Sport and Life: Blending Core Values, Athletic Excellence, and Long-term Athlete Development" presented by Brian Krill / JHSC Executive Director
November 20: “The Winning Athlete” presented by Francine Bartlett and Jenny Collins / Medicine Wheel Wellness
December 9: “Supporting Balance: Athletics and Academics” presented by Ellie Finnegan / Teton Behavior Therapy