Parent Education Series
All events in this series will be hosted at the Snow King Lodge Room.
They are open to all community members and will benefit parents with athletes participating in any sport.
Dates in late October, November, and December forthcoming!
February 18: “Preparing for College: Application Process and Standardized Tests” presented by David Heinemann / Jackson Hole Community School and Michelle Sirois / Expert Standardized Test Tutor
February 25: “College and Career Pathways” presented by a panel of JHSC Coaches and Staff
- Different types of careers in skiing and snowboarding
- How to contact coaches and various types of college experiences
- Overcoming challenges
- Advice to up-and-coming athletes:
- “Keep it fun.” Brittney Ziebell (Alpine)
- “There is always someone working harder.” Jesse Knori (Nordic)
- “Doesn’t Matter where you finish; it matters who you are at the finish line.” Brenna Huckaby (Freeride)
March 3: “Empowering Youth to Make Better Decisions about Substance Use” presented by Heather Franklin / Curran Seeley Foundation
November 4: "Building Champions in Sport and Life: Blending Core Values, Athletic Excellence, and Long-term Athlete Development" presented by Brian Krill / JHSC Executive Director
November 20: “The Winning Athlete” presented by Francine Bartlett and Jenny Collins / Medicine Wheel Wellness
December 9: “Supporting Balance: Athletics and Academics” presented by Ellie Finnegan / Teton Behavior Therapy