Academic Support Program
SAS assists students with learning and time management to ensure that they are able to achieve both their educational and athletic goals, with holistic support of youth development always at the forefront of all programming.
The SAS Academic Support Program offers student-athletes who are enrolled in full-time online school programs the option of an in-person classroom environment. During these sessions, the Student-Athlete Support Director provides academic support as needed for remote learners; instructs in strategies for effective compartmentalization and time management; and facilitates learning of important executive functioning skills including verbal communication, study and exam preparation, and note-taking.
Sessions are held on site at the JHSC offices and follow the TCSD Annual Calendar.
Fall/Spring: Tuesday–Thursday, 8:30-11:45 AM
Winter Season (Nov. 1-Mar. 24): Tuesday–Friday, 8:45-11:45 AM
The following conduct is expected of all JHSC student-athletes
- Adhere to JHSC Academic Policy and Code of Conduct
- Embody JHSC core values at all times, in relationships with teammates, coaches, Club staff, school administrations and teachers
- Demonstrate respect for all JHSC staff, student athletes, and families
- Pursue excellence in snow sports, in academics, and in life
- Represent the Club well in our community
- Respect and care for Club spaces, including locker/tuning room, vans, and on-hill venues
In addition, student athletes who commit to the Academic Support Program agree to
- Grant SAS Director ‘advocate’ or ‘learning coach’ access to online course materials and gradebook
- Regular attendance, Tuesday-Friday from 8:30-11:45 AM
- These are not drop-in sessions; we are creating a classroom space, and attendance is required
- Absences for race travel will be considered excused
- For any other absences, student athletes must notify the SAS Director in advance of a session when they will not be in attendance. Any questions will be directed to a parent as needed.
- Arrive on time, prepared to complete academic work or train as scheduled
- Remain on task for the duration of morning academic-support sessions
- If all required work/exams for the day are completed, students will be expected to engage in reading/study of course or other appropriate material
- Failure to do so will result in a student-athlete being withdrawn from that day (or the next scheduled day’s) training session
For those who are interested in joining the Academic Support Program, and for seasonal schedules, please view the Academic Support Program Description and Contract.
03/01/2023 - 10:30am
JHSC Core Values: Celebrating Sportsmanship, Honoring Competition
01/30/2023 - 4:27pm
January was a BUSY month for JHSC, with 19 days of hosted events, from FIS, IFSA, and USASA junior events to the first race of the Marg Cup Series fundraiser.
12/29/2022 - 12:21pm
January is the Month of TEAMWORK