Friday March 23rd, 2018: Bib Pick 2-6pm downstairs in the Snow King Events Center (area below the JHSC offices).
This will be your only opportunity to pick up your bib, timing chip, boat number, and t-shirts. Start time information will also be available. Course updates, leg maps, rules, last minute changes, and general information will be distributed.
Alpine racers report to the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort ticket office for one complimentary half day ticket for course inspection on Friday March 23rd, 1-4pm. Course inspection is from 3:00 - 3:30pm. JHMR Grand Pass holders must use their pass.
All classes start at 8am (NOTE: start time may be moved up to 7:30am) from the top of Thunder Lift. Racing Classes will start individually at 30 second intervals (NOTE: Intervals may be 15 seconds). Missing your start will affect your time.
Fun Class will start Le Mans style in groups of 8-12, at 3 minute intervals (NOTE: Interval times may be shorter than 3 mins).
Mountain access: On race day...
All competitors will use the Bridger Gondola and Thunder Chairlift. Gondola uphill access will be open for competitors at 7:00am.
The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort liability waiver MUST be signed and submitted at bib pick-up. Download 2018 JHMR PPP release.
Race day tickets will be distributed with the bibs, unless your alpine skier has a JHMR Grand Pass or Weekend pass. One racer per team.
Course Alterations and Inclement Weather Procedure: The course may be altered at the discretion of the race organizers at any time prior to the race date due to weather conditions, matters of safety or any other circumstances which may warrant such action. Sufficient notice of changes will be made through the local media, the PPP website and via email to listed Team contact.
Aid Stations: There will be an aid station at the run/Nordic/bike exchange, the bike/boat exchange, and finish line.
Bibs: Bib number may not be altered in any way and must be visible at all times. Bibs may be modified to aid transfer. Those competing as individuals may wear a life jacket over the bib in the boating leg, but boat numbers must be clearly visible. Separate boat bib numbers will be given and must be applied directly to the starboard side of the boat. Bibs must be transferred by hand, directly from team member to team member, within the designated transfer areas. No assistance from other team members or outsiders allowed. Bibs may not be dropped from the bridge to a waiting boater.
Timing Chips: Timing chips are for all categories INCLUDING Fun Class. Timing chips are worn on competitors left ankle and, like bibs, are transferred by hand directly from team member to team member within the designated transfer areas. Timing chips must be turned in at the river finish. Competitors will be charged $95 replacement fee for missing timing chips.
Vehicles & Shuttles:
- Morning Shuttles will be provided between the alpine finish (JHSC cabin by Mangy Moose), the Nordic start (Shooting Star maintenance facility) and the Ranch Lot. JHMR will also be running a shuttle from the Ranch Lot to the JHSC cabin by Mangy Moose from 6:30am - 9:00am
- Free parking for PPP participants at JHMR's Ranch Lot in Teton Village
- There is NO PARKING at the SHOOTING STAR maintenance facility (Run/Nordic/Bike exchange).
- Gear may be dropped off at the Shooting Star maintenance facility (Run/Nordic/Bike exchange) between 6am & 8am on event day. There will be absolutely no access by car between 8am - 10am.
- Support crews may either take the shuttles from Teton Village or park on the right shoulder of highway 390 NORTH of Shooting Star entrance and walk in. Absolutely NO PARKING SOUTH of Shooting Star entrance.
- At bike/boat transfer (South Park Bridge) No parking on the right side of the road until after the South Park Bridge - your team will be disqualified. This is a safety issue for participants.
- Parking is available at Game Creek for the bike/boat exchange or on the highway south of the South Park Bridge
- Finish area/Astoria parking: cross over the Red Bridge and take first right to park at Snake River Sporting Club lot. Parking on Highway is legal, but highly discouraged.
- If you have to park on the highway at all, please make sure your vehicle is completely off the road.
- Parking only available at Astoria Boat Ramp for those picking up boats.
- Do not follow your team in a vehicle as disqualification will result and the WY Highway Patrol will issue citations for creating traffic obstructions. Do not linger on a bridge; if you must cross a bridge, do so with an official's permission.
- Afternoon Shuttles will run between K Mart Plaza parking lot and Astoria Hot Springs Park from 11am - 3pm.
- Please do not drink and drive!
- There is no parking for PPP participants and spectators at Astoria Boat Ramp - only short term for those picking up boats.
Dogs: Please keep your dog on a leash and clean up after your dog. Seriously, don't be that guy/girl. Participants with dogs off leash may be disqualified.
Disqualifications: Any disqualifications will be posted at the Awards Party.
Protests: Any protests must be submitted within 30 minutes of the last finisher and accompanied by a $50 non-refundable donation to the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club.
Awards: Thanks to The Trust for Public Land we're able to bring the awards celebration back to Astoria Hot Springs Park! The ceremony begins at 1:00pm. There will be food and beverages for sale beginning at 11:00am provided by Glory Bowl Soup Company, and Gaonas Tacos. Thanks to Snake River Sporting Club our Awards Ceremony Sponsor.
Looking for Teammates or Gear?
Post to our Facebook page.
Karen Oatey Scholarship Endowment
The Karen Oatey Scholarship Endowment Fund (KOSEF) at the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club has been established by her loving family as a way to share Karen’s love for winter sports with young athletes in financial need. The fund honors Karen’s desire to give back to the community while introducing and supporting Jackson Hole’s young athletes as they develop their own passion for winter sports and the outdoors.
The KOSEF balance is approximately $300,000. The annual return of this fund helps support our annual JHSC scholarship allocations. Supporting this fund ensures our ability to maintain and increase out support to local athletes with financial need.
Help Build the Fund
Special thanks to the Jackson Hole Travel & Tourism Board, Rendezvous River Sports, Snake River Sporting Club, The Trust for Public Land, Snake River Fund, Shooting Star and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort