Our student-athletes, while hard at work, have had a FUN fall and are excited to dive into winter training this month.
We’re literally jumping for joy that winter is coming! Just kidding (a little bit anyway!): we're also developing strength, balance, and agility!
JHSC Core Values and Vision
Part of the JHSC Vision is to “build champions in sport and in life.” Key to this word choice is the use of ‘Champion’ as both a noun and a verb:
Above all, we champion inclusivity and diversity, committing in all of our work to creating opportunities for all members of our community to pursue excellence in sport and in life.
JHSC Core Values Monthly Themes Kickoff!
The Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club focuses on five Core Values that shape our culture, define our success, and direct the character development fostered in the student-athletes. These values are not just words; rather, they drive decisions and actions in both sport and life at every level, from the leadership of the Club, to the coaches, to the parents, to the athletes, to how the Club is represented in the community. At JHSC, we champion our Core Values in our day-to-day actions and honor our student-athletes who exemplify and uphold these values with monthly awards throughout the season.
Each month, November through March, we focus on one value: November’s Value of the Month is FUN!
Fun is what sustains all our efforts. Research clearly states that fun is what is most important (and too often overlooked) in youth sport. Fun is also what top World Cup athletes point to as the primary factor in sustaining their success. This value is expressed in many forms including pure joy and mutual passion for the sport. Fun also provides the motivation to recover from injury and commit to the more grueling aspects of pursuing our goals. Fun is about enjoying the entire community of the Club and being with others that share all the excitement of skiing and snowboarding.
Watch for our November FUN award winners in the next newsletter!!
- First Student-Athlete Eligibility Check with partner schools: November 11
- Parent Athlete Team Meetings are happening: if you missed yours, please review the meeting slides! These early-season meetings are an important opportunity to reconnect with team members and families, to meet the coaching staff for your team, and to get the scope of their plans for the entire training and competitive season
- Student-Athlete Academic Support: Tuesdays-Thursdays 3-6PM in the Girl Scout Room, upstairs by the JHSC Admin. Office (some Wednesdays, Grace may be in the Coaches' Office)
- If you would like help with coursework or college application materials, time to discuss your short- or long-term academic goals, an opportunity to create a plan for balancing academics and athletics this winter season, a session to create a training and schoolwork schedule, or to discuss and implement better time management, please email Grace! (email@example.com)
- Early-Release Programming:
- Nordic early-release programming for the Winter season begins November 1.
- Alpine early-release programming tentatively begins on November 29, when the Club is able to move to on-snow training. Program Directors and Coaches will notify participants of this shift in their weekly update in advance of the start date.
- For details about early-release times, programming, and support by school and by JHSC program/team, please visit the SAS webpage or contact the SAS Director, Grace Tirapelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.