Our Freeride Program will offer five skateboard camps throughout the 2014 spring & summer. Each camp is co-ed and for beginner to advanced skaters ages 6 and up. New this year is an ALL girls camp. Camps are Saturdays & Sundays from 9am to 5pm.
- Camp 1: May 31 & Jun 1 (NEW!)
- Camp 2: June 28 & 29
- Camp 3: July 12 & 13
- Camp 4: August 2 & 3
ALL GIRLS Camp: June 28 & 29 (NEW!) (separate from co-ed camp)
Cost for each camp is $199. There are only 12 spots available at each camp with a minimum of 5 skaters needed. Please register by 5pm the preceding Wednesday, camps do fill up, early registration is recommended. Pick up and drop off at JHSC HQ at the Snow King Sports & Events Center. Coaches are Jeff Moran, Nathan Johnson & Blaine Gallivan with Amy Marrington and Lara Cleeland coaching the ALL girls camp. More information below the video. Register here. Please read our FAQs and Camp Refund Policy.
Multi-camp discounts (NEW!): 5% off total price of any two camps, 10% off total price of any three camps and 15% off total price of four camps! Discount only applies when you register for multiple camps at once. Discount will appear as a refund on your credit card.
Skill Development Focus:
- Basic fundamentals: pumping, pushing, ollies, dropping in, kickflips, boardslides, grinds
- Bowl & ramp skating
- General skatepark riding: picking your "line"
- Skatepark etiquette
- Skateboard maintenance
- Flip tricks
- Ledge tricks
- Tricks on banks and transition
- Bowl skating: line choice, skating different features
- Ramp skating: airs, lip-tricks, incorporating street tricks
- Games of S.K.A.T.E.
Locations: Jackson Hole, Alpine, Pinedale, Driggs &/or Idaho Falls skateparks. Transportation: is provided in JHSC vehicles. Coaches & vehicles are fully insured.
Available Spots Per Camp: minimum 5, maximum 12
Ages: 6 and up
Ability Level: absolute beginner to expert. We can accommodate skaters of all ability levels in the same camp
Cost: $199 includes lunch, transportation and instruction. Full payment due with registration. Register now.
- Skateboard (no scooters, rollerblades or longboards please)
- Appropriate footwear: flat soled sneakers (no sandals or running shoes)
- Healthy snacks
- Spending money (we tend to stop for milkshakes/treats after a long day skating)
- Extra layer of clothing
- Elbow pads
- Wrist guards
- Hip pads